atvquadsquad.com    atvquadsquad.com    atvquadsquad.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Polaris    05 800 sportsman exhaust melting plastic

Moderators: Cajun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

05 800 sportsman exhaust melting plastic
 Login/Join

posted
I bought this quad used. Tough machine I love it. The exhaust is melting the plastic. Does polaris make a after market heat sheild . what can I do to corect this problem. I want to do this right no hilljack ideas . Please help

This message has been edited. Last edited by: yamadog,

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Been There, Done That!
Picture of Cajun
posted Hide Post
Polaris did come out with a revised heat shield, but many of us here have had the header ceramic coated. It makes a big difference in heat output.

2004.5 Mossy Oak 700
2007 Stealth 800

Posts: 11951 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: February 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks I will ask the shop about that

Been There, Done That!
Picture of Cajun
posted Hide Post
Actually, it would be easier to take the pipe off and ship it to Jet Hot or another such entity that does ceramic coatings.

2004.5 Mossy Oak 700
2007 Stealth 800

Posts: 11951 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: February 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you

Forum Contributor
Advanced Member
Picture of UTU
posted Hide Post
Breeze lawn & Garden on E-Bay sells updated pipes & shields for around $100. (DUAL Header Pipe) I did this & sent to jet hot. WORKS!!

2013 1000 CanAm Outlander XT. CAMO..Options to be announced.

Posts: 714 | Location: God's Country, Ky | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post